If you're looking for a free alternative to Microsoft Office, then Kingsoft Office Suite Free is definitely a contender.
Kingsoft Office Suite offers a number of features for creating, viewing and editing personal and business documents. Kingsoft Office Free 2012 includes Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft Spreadsheets which correspond to all the major elements found in Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Kingsoft Office Suite is suitable for both personal and professional use although the professional version offers further features that will satisfy the demands of business users.
Most importantly Kingsoft Office Suite is compatible with the latest Microsoft Office file formats and can easily open, read and write documents created with Microsoft Office as well as a wide variety of other formats. In addition, Microsoft Office can also open Kingsoft Office files so you can send and receive files between the two suites easily.
Built -in PDF Converter
Kingsoft Office Suite also includes a PDF converter that can save files including Writer, Spreadsheets and Presentations in PDF format. Alternatively, you can convert Kingsoft Writer, Spreadsheets and Presentations to PDF files.
Automatic spell check
Kingsoft Office Suite includes a built-in spell checker that works in real-time by marking the incorrect words in red when typing. It also includes a limited thesaurus which recommends words to help in improving your document.
Multiple document tabs
Kingsoft Office Suite also features tools for switching between multiple document windows using tabs. The tab bar that appears above the editing area allows you to switch between documents quickly and conveniently.
Kingsoft Office Suite is in a remarkably small package at just 70MB which is a fraction of the size of other office software. This means that it also installs remarkably quickly.
You can protect documents that you create in Kingsoft Office Suite with an encrypted password. Or you can set a document to be opened with a password in read-only format.
Overall Kingsoft Office Suite is a powerful office suite for anyone that wants a cheaper alternative to Microsoft Office.
- New: Add a New Blank Document icon and Open icon when no document is opened. These options can aid you in quickly creating new documents or opening any pre-existing documents.
- Improved: The problem where the distance between the menu bar and the main window widens when the main window is restored has now been rectified.
- Improved: The launch speed of Kingsoft Office is now faster.
- Improved: The scroll bar has been optimized; the scroll bar style is now distinct from the document edit pane and task window.
- Improved: The Table Style option has been developed and now provides a greater number of table styles to choose from.
- Improved: The problem involving the task window being too wide has now been resolved.